Sunday, August 23, 2009

Epic Marathon, Pt. 2

Continued from the day before, here is the real-time updates for my Epic Sewing Marathon Day 2!!

7:51am
I woke up sore in places too random to understand. Must have been all that crouching and stooping over my scissors. I dreamed I went skydiving. I landed in a muddy field, stole an ancient Winnebago, got stopped at the Canadian border and was given a ticket for not having a license to drive such a vehicle. I'm going to get breakfast started in the rice cooker, put a movie on, and get right back to sewing those dozens of fabric pieces together.

12:24pm
It's starting to look like a blazer! I've got the torso completely put together and the lining halfway finished. Once that's done, I'll be putting the sleeves on and then I'll really have something. Although it's a ton of work, the Vogue pattern is very satisfying to sew. It really feels like a professional piece when I hold it, and not just some fabric thrown together. And for once it actually fits right! (unlike the summer dress debacles) But now it's time to break for lunch, once I wash the purple stains that have been the byproduct of working with this fabric off my hands.

9:55pm
AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! I got a little more sewing done after lunch, but then I needed a nap. I just ruined my sleep schedule, AND I missed going to blockbuster before it closed. This is going to be a loooonnnng night.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment