Monday, July 18, 2011

A Dress Per Day, Day 2

40% off lowest ticket price on all fabrics at Joanne's? Be still my beating heart!

I went a little crazy the other day at Joanne's going-out-of-business sale, and here's the pattern for the first new project I have to show for it.


Purchased at $1.99! Yay sales!

I've never been a big fan of maxidresses, but I just could not resist in this case. I found some gorgeous patterned satin for about $4 a yard, and purchased far more than I needed. I ended up choosing a navy blue georgette to make a contrast for the straps and waistbands, which turned out quite well if I do say so myself.

I plan on going back to Joanne's soon, since it's not fully closing until August 13th and the sales will only get more discounted until then. Plus I forgot to buy various necessaries like zippers and interfacing and have found myself at a point where I cannot proceed much farther without another shopping trip.

In the meantime, there's only one word to describe my progress:


Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment